Here you will find important information about looking for a flat share, making contact and also about moving. We are constantly expanding the articles, so if you would like to see something important here, please send us an email and we will take a look at it.
Your wgzimmer.ch team
The most important information about the WG room search first! Please read carefully!
If you pay attention to the following, you will certainly not be scammed:
- NEVER transfer money for the rent via Western Union, Paypal or other money transfer services.
- Do not sign any contracts via Skype, email or any other form of internet.
- Serious landlords can always be reached by phone.
- In principle, there are no WG rooms in the centre of Zurich with 45m2, TV, Internet, coffee machine and a view of the lake for CHF 450.- Distrust these far too good offers!
- If possible, always go to see the room PERSONALLY first and talk to the landlord.
- Never transfer money to get the keys. Normally the keys are handed over personally.
- Normally, the rental deposit is paid to the landlord AFTER the contract has been signed and the keys have been handed over. Also, the rental deposit is not paid directly to the landlord, but to a blocked deposit account (in your favour).
Tips around the move
A few things to consider before moving:
- Cancel current lease in a timely manner.
- If you need help with lugging: Organise helpers early enough and reward them.
- Buy moving boxes or organise them in some other way, often people you know have them lying around.
- If there is any damage to your current room, report it to your liability insurance company. Mend small things yourself.
- If you are moving with a car, organise the no-stopping thing with the police early enough.
- Change of address at the post office or online: https://www.post.ch/en/receiving-mail/relocation
- In most cases, you also have to inform others about your new address:
- City office
- health insurance company
- insurance company